Friday, October 23, 2009

Errors in English

When the world wide web was fairly new, I remember browsing random website just to see what a person or organization had to say. Back then, most websites were just text with the occasional picture thrown in for effect.

Speaking of effect and websites, I was writing a memo and needed to use the word effect - or was affect - I didn't know. So off I went to see what Google knew about that subject. The first website on the list was labeled "effect or affect" - that was perfect. Finally I was going to get an answer I could trust.

What I got was far more. This is a real find for those of us who love the language but just don't know all the rules.

You must check it out: http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/index.html

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I come back to Jeff's blog every once in awhile to see if he's added anything. It's hard to believe that he wrote this current blog in late October. I miss you, Jeff. Feel free to comment here anytime.

    ReplyDelete