Saturday, April 25, 2009

After thirty years

I had the forture this past week of seeing my first born son get married to a very lovely girl. Actually that's not exactly correct, I didn't get to *see* the wedding because they wanted a private (just them) ceremony at the local court house. Nonetheless, I am thrilled that he has finally found someone that extends him and makes him happy. We were talking with the two of them at dinner the other night and I had to tell them again how proud I was that they made this choice. I told them how different he was when they were together. When he was alone and she was away playing Army, he was a different person. But now, he was more. He is extended, larger, happier, complete. Thursday they moved to their new place in Fort Bragg, NC. Good luck Rick & Nikki.

2 comments:

  1. One down, two to go.

    It is so awesome when they come to visit and then go home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great news! I'm so glad to hear it and wish them much happiness.

    ReplyDelete