Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Bob's Visit

Tonight my brother Bob came over for a visit. We love it when he visits because he's so much fun and we have so much history together. So many things to talk about and ideas to share. We went to a favorite little Italian place a couple of blocks from the house and ate ourselves into oblivion. We then came home and watched an old favorite movie "A Mighty Wind" - a farce movie by Christopher Guest. All the usual suspects were in the cast. The funny thing about when Bob and I get together now is that we don't spend much time talking about "how it used to be", rather we talk about current events, family, kids, vacations, etc. By contrast, when I visit my cousin Kathy in Phoenix, we spend all our time recapping history and laughing like we were 12 again. I think that means that Bob and I have had adequate and frequent visits to get that out of our system so that our friendship is now current. I hope we can continue this way for many years to come. I love you Bob, you a great brother.

3 comments:

  1. Jeff - You are correct. When we get together, there doesn't seem to be any need for reminiscing. We just continue on with life, as it is now.

    I always enjoy my visits there. It's fun to see you and Paula as old folks. Where did the time go?

    I love you, too. For some reason, in our family we stopped saying that when we were younger. I've told Dad a couple of times that I love him and he almost hit me. Actually, I could tell that he was very touched.

    I didn't tell Mother before she died, but I did tell her how much I appreciated her influence in my life.

    I guess we'll probably have to let the sisters in on this lovefest, but that's a hard one. I'll work up to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Spinal Tap Unwigged and Unplugged. They did some stuff from A Mighty Wind and Waiting for Guffman. It was so much fun!
    I'm starting to take it personally that Hunky Bob never calls me when he's in Dallas. I live in the OC now and it's a straight shot up to 75 and over to your neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeff it is great to talk old time with you and giggle like we were 12. With so much going on in our lives it good to reflect back. I agree with Bob where did time go? You've been a great cousin and I love to here from you.
    Love ya cuz,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete